Who We Are
Sapper is a B2B sales engagement company based in St. Louis. What we do is simple: we get our clients sales meetings that result in closed deals.
What is it like to work at Sapper? Well, we’ve grown from 5 to 100+ employees in about 3 years while becoming one of the fastest-growing companies in the country (Inc. 500 list) three years in a row. Thrilling is probably a good word for it.
When it comes to developing yourself, supporting your team, and expanding the vision, we’re unrelenting. We move fast and break things. Change comes from everywhere within our organization because the “from-the-top-down” structure has never been our thing.
We have fun while going above and beyond to push ourselves and our clients, giving and taking constant feedback, and appreciating the opportunity to grow and develop rapidly. Remote workdays, ping-pong, company snacks, outings, and food trucks also make up a huge part of our culture. We’re a close team from all different backgrounds who enjoy a good challenge, a flexible work environment, and seeing the direct impact of what we can do.
The Sales Development Rep works directly with the Sales Development Team and is primarily responsible for scheduling qualified sales meetings for our clients.
You’ll be an integral part of helping Sapper secure qualified sales meetings for our clients.
Essential Job Functions
- Engage prospective clients by phone and email
- Make 75-100 phone calls per day
- Qualify inbound and outbound leads and schedule meetings for assigned clients
- Partner closely with the services team to ensure proper handoffs
- Hit your daily, weekly, and monthly targets for qualified meetings scheduled
- Accurately log activities and keep contact information up to date in CRM
- Learn our technology stack (Outreach.io, Hubspot, Microsoft Teams, and more) to become more efficient and effective at your job
- Timely, efficient, and thorough completion of designated tasks
- Consistent call quality improvement through coaching and training
- Remain open to consistent daily coaching
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Skill Requirements:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong phone etiquette and communication skills
- Personable and outgoing
- Self-starter, results-oriented
- Proficiency with a wide variety of technologies including Microsoft Excel, web-based platforms, Hubspot and Google Apps
- Comfortable learning and working with new technology and software
- Must be able to hold self-responsible for organization, timeliness, and focus on detail
- Able to communicate in an open, friendly, timely, and eloquent manner
- Work cooperatively with others
- Interested in working with a quickly evolving and growing company
- Comfort with a casual but fast-paced work environment
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and instructions for management
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Undergraduate Degree from an accredited institution strongly preferred
- 1 Year of consecutive sales-related phone calling experience required
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands
- Must be capable of working in an office-based, collaborative environment to achieve business and departmental objectives
- Must be comfortable in a position which requires working exclusively on a computer for the majority of the day
- Must be capable of maintaining mental focus, attentiveness to fine detail, and workflow process for long periods of time
- Must be prepared to have critical conversations with clients in a daily basis
- Must be capable of working remotely as we navigate COVID-19